Tuesday 18 January 2011

Taste The Bitter Sweet Yet?

You know you are "old" when bitter melon starts to be your cup of tea.

Bitter melons - supposedly a food that once you acquired the taste it becomes a craving.  Terribly good to your health too.



My mom always says it is an 'old folk's food' because many youngsters don't enjoy the bitterish aftertaste of it and won't go anywhere near them - not until older. 

Eating them always tantalizes my taste buds and I used to hate them.  Yes I said I "used to" hate them, but not any more.  

A year older today, hopefully a year wiser to be able to find sweets in the midst of the bitterish! 

Happy birthday alampy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love bitter melon since about 10! ;) Some people said-- by the time you start to like bitter melon, you are half way through the age you are supposed to live!!