Thursday 27 January 2011

A Call For Spring Cleaning

I used to love my home more than ever and I am now sitting in the middle of my little den thinking, I am getting a bit bored of the four walls, the decor and the furniture. 

I supposed I can either move house, or have it refurbished. 

Let me perhaps step back a bit to avoid the radical and really think of the root cause of the reason I am getting sick of my place.




I can blame myself for my recent visits to my dear friends' places who all own a bigger place than me; or...I can also blame myself for allowing clutters to build up. 


Yes - that would be it.  Cluttering.  

It's eating up my space in the house, also starting to occupy my retina and hence becomes a bother. 


That's it. 

I am going to ditch things I haven’t used in the last 12 months such as clothes I no longer wear, Christmas decorations, old wrapping paper, the fondue pot, that old laptop I think I can upgrade “when I have the time”.  If I haven’t touched something in a year, chances are I am not going to need it any time in the next 12 months either. 

And I have a week from today - before the arrival of the Lunar new year to take care of business. 




No comments: