Wednesday 26 January 2011

Afterthoughts of A Friend's Funeral


I have just attended a funeral and bid farewell to a primary school classmate.

It broke my heart to see her family shattered in tears and I was shaken by the numerous memories of us which decided to flash on you at the event and I couldn't help think what could have been if I have done this and that differently. 





Dalai Lama once said,

"Man sacrifices his health to make money. 
Then he sacrifices his money to regain his health. 
And then he is so anxious about the future, 
that he doesn't enjoy the present. 
And as a result, he doesn't live in the present or for the future. 
And he lives as if he's never going to die. 
And then he dies having never really lived."


May this unfortunate incidence remind us all to enjoy and behold what we have got.

Live strong and proud!



1 comment:

Rimi Das said...

Couldn't agree more