Sunday 16 January 2011

At My Own Funeral



Once you get past the age of about 30 if you have never been to a funeral, I'd say you have done very well!
The fact is that people around us die and they are people we know, people we love.  And that toll only adds up as time goes.

I once heard a quote, 'Yesterday is a memory, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift, which is why it is called the present'.

Do you ever say to anyone "If I die tomorrow I want you to....".

Well, imagine this - it is now tomorrow and you are dead.  You have all those loved ones left behind and they are grieving over your death right at this moment.  What do you want them to do?

Here's for the record, for my own funeral:

I don't care where to spread my ashes or where to have my final heyday.  Most importantly, I just want presence in my funeral not to be sad with my departure.  I want them to reminisce the happy times we spent, the nicest food ate and the funniest jokes we shared.


Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

Carry on your life as if I haven't left you,
I just went travelling, gaze down I see you.

Whisper to me like you always wanted,
I will willingly listen, your wish responded.


How does that sound?



 

2 comments:

Rimi Das said...

Awesome....excellent thought...love it

Anonymous said...

My Friend, don't think about how people will organize your funeral la. when you die, your funeral is just someone else party.

concentrated on what you can do now la.