Thursday 6 January 2011

Lets Repackage What You Prayed For

I have this person which I worry about and I do pray for her. She is not happy and she is petrified.

"Do you pray to God?" I ask her. "Or the ruler of the Universe?
"No," she says. "I pray and pray but I hear nothing back."
"Perhaps you are asking for the wrong thing." I say.

"Dear God, I want to win the lottery. Dear God, I want to change job.  Dear God, why did this happen.  Dear God, when is this going to end," etc.


What if God is waiting for her to go buy that lottery ticket of realisation first - before he answers her prayers?
 
Yes. The Lottery ticket of realisation. 

I got this reflection from the movie "Eat, Pray, Love".

There's a story about a man who prays everyday for years trying to win the lottery: "Dear God, Please, Please, Please, let me win the lottery."  Years later, nothing happened.  Finally the exasperated god appeared upon him and says "My son, please, please, please, buy a ticket!"
 
Perhaps her lottery ticket is to wish for the simplest form and that is: her own happiness.  That's all.  Let's hope she gets it soon. 



No comments: