Saturday 8 January 2011

Handicapped Without It

It’s been half a year since I got my hands on my iPhone 4, and boy has this made an impact on my life?

I was out of town and decided to switch off the mobile data to ensure I won't break my bank.  I was in a foreign land, wanting to look up directions and places of interests.  I did't have my very intelligent GPS friend to guide me around and I lost my knowledgeable Google handyman that has been my go-to person whenever I am stuck.



I was literally "handicapped" without the internet-accessing apps in my smartphone.  Not like I could not breathe or anything, I am sure many of you agreed, we simply can’t run life like we used to.

Learnt a lesson about smartphones - non-connectivity to the internet will inevitably make our smartphones less smart but it should in no way, disable our smart thinking! 

But it did it to me.  I relied on technology too much and I don't like that dumb feeling when I knew I should be exercising the creativity in my human brain a bit more than I should.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that central plaza?