Thursday 28 October 2010

Mad About Hairy


I wrote a piece earlier in the month depicting my dad's advice on how to select the best crabs. The time has arrived to quintessentially have our annual hairy crab tackling feast at home. 

The shortage of supply for these lovelies this year has driven up the retail price so much and my first one this year shown here cost a staggering HK$380 a catty!  They were priced for their oozing roe and oil, which had a brilliantly orange hue when cooked and this huge one I tasted tonight was so exceptionally rich in flavour - didn't disappoint the slightest. 


No meat was left behind, no juice wasted.  

The joy of enjoying the delicacies with loved ones, the chance to chat the night away while slowly sipping yellow wine, followed by a ginger soup dessert to round the night up as a grand finale.  


What more do I want in life, I wonder?



No comments: