Monday 18 October 2010

Grease Is STILL The Word

Grease is still touring and it is obvious that this musical is relevant and popular today. Numerous reasons for this I think. 

First of all, Grease has always been loved by all simply because of its frank take on teens life.  Danny and Sandy have a bumpy relationship and they willingly sacrifice their identities in order to get the other one to like them. Danny joins the athletic team while Sandy gets an extreme makeover of sorts, shedding her nun-like persona. 


Stuff like this happens in real life and grown-ups today remember Grease fondly and teenagers are discovering it for the first time.

Not a doubt, Grease is still the word, I have watched that movie dozens of times.  The musical awaits me tomorrow and I just can't wait to tap my toes and nod my head to every familiar song!





No comments: