Saturday 30 October 2010

Volunteering


I have never been that charitable all my life and when I was made project leader for my company's volunteering program, I knew I was to embark on a challenge.

Today's the big day...I could not be more thankful that it was all over now.  Not only had it been completed, I could even proudly claim it a success too.

The entire team turned up punctually and I had a 100% attendance rate!  All volunteers brought with them lots of enthusiasm and a charitable heart - each and everyone of them has made my job as leader seem extremely easy peasy indeed.


Everyone in our team spent some quality time with singleton elderly living in one of Hong Kong's oldest public housing estates.  We went for a chat and lent a patient ear to those who wish to talk.  All of us helped make a difference by brightening their day, making the residents feel valued, included and informed of community developments. 

Not only I felt extremely rewarded and a job well done, I stole a few invaluable tips of staying young and healthy from two fabulous 70+ women! 

My day just couldn't have been spent any better.  




No comments: