Friday 8 October 2010

Get Inspired

One of the questions I get asked quite often is where I draw inspirations for my daily blogging. 

From people I met, from every inch of the city I walked.  Even the vast rainbow of delicate macaroons in a patisserie or, the vibrant colours from Paul Smith's window displays - can inspire me. I am fortunate enough to get buckets of ideas quite easily. 


I recently dreamt about something, woke up in a middle of a night, jotted the idea down and put it together the following day and presented it to my boss.  Though having a rough idea is at least as important as implementing it properly, without inspiration and innovation, we are all dead. 

Graffiti in Shanghai
I don't think I am particularly talented, I think every one of us is equally capable in drawing inspiration from each vignette.  If you are lacking creativity, twiddling your thumbs or whittling your time away, may I suggest you:

call and meet up with a friend, 
take a walk, listen to some music, 
read a book or a magazine, 
eat something...

These are things that have kept me alive, pretty much!


 

No comments: