Friday 22 October 2010

A Bad habit of Lovin' Fine Gin

Quintessentially British, Gin & Tonic has always been my favourite evening starter.  And since the discovery of Bombay Sapphire in my drink list, I have another addition to add to my book after tonight - Saffron Gin. 

Max, the bartender has certainly enlightened my dinner experience and made it homey and personable.  He introduced Gabriel Boudier Saffron Gin to me this evening by saying I can't drink it elsewhere in Hong Kong.  He got my buy-in right on the spot and the gin was in fact beautifully inviting indeed. 



I must say I appreciated that orange and tangy colour and though at 40% alcohol level, it tasted exceptionally strong for an easy liking, I would definitely go back for another one whenever I want a Gin with a twist.  It's worth a sip if you haven't tried. 

No comments: