Friday 31 December 2010

Bring On The New Year




I am sure you have got the drift that I will be talking about the infamous ‘New Year Resolutions’.

My New Year resolution for 2011 is going to be...1024 by 968 pixels!  How's that for a laugh!


Okay, seriously, the last day of the year is naturally a day to reflect and review what I have done in the past 364 days and yes, exactly 12 months ago, I did construct some sort of new year plan (just like any other year I recalled).  I am being really honest to myself - don't we all make them and then break them? 

I did.  

With these 20 lines, I resolved to:

  1. Being FAT to FIT (I changed that letter in the middle - that was all I did)
  2. Finding a waist line in me (an inch trimmed - that was all)
  3. Buying packets of crisps and finishing it all by myself (that was an all-time difficult target and remains to be)
  4. Choosing between jogging and swimming in the summer days (headed to the pool for a few times - sunbathed)
  5. Growing my hair to chin-length (failed hugely)
  6. Flossing regularly (managed just the week before seeing my dentist)
  7. Plugging-in on not-so-super-high volume (I was aiming for that but was given a set of SHURE ear plugs, what do you do?)
  8. Reducing alcoholic intake (not too sure about the volume in comparison, after resorting to wine and liquour instead of beer)
  9. Remembering not to get drunk (I never did, so I don't understand why it was in the list in the first place)
  10. Refraining from investing on lottery tickets (failed miserably, but I had a winning ticket, how about counteracting this one?)
  11. Rearranging home furniture (furniture's still where they were a year ago, they seem happy where they are, so I didn't bother with them)
  12. Giving impulse buying a try (I got the hang of it pretty quickly)
  13. Writing off my debts (working on that, will renew this for 2011)
  14. Taking up a worthwhile habit (photography, blogging - all going stronger than I expected)
  15. Spending less time online (I was doing pretty well until iPhone 4 came intervening into my life)
  16. Resorting to some cooking at home (poisoned myself once, so I decided that needs to stop)
  17. Donating air miles to charity (with a few clicks, it is actually easier than booking a flight)
  18. Completing 1 book each month (spot on target)
  19. Smile more, frown less (yes, I did - and my wrinkles are living proof)
  20. Give praises generously (Have I told you lately that you are loved?)


I can foresee all these fun stuff rolling over to the new year and what I am about to say though, will sound a bit morbid but I am going to say it anyway. 

What will people say about me if I suddenly die?

You and I only get one shot to make a life, therefore, we have to make it count.  

Some said, “Who we are, is God’s gift to us, and who we become is our gift back to God and the world in which we live”.  

The responsibility for managing and developing our lives is totally ours.  We can make endless resolutions and break all we want and we can’t blame anyone else but ourselves for not growing.

How about we all start living a real life and making a difference to the world we are living in. 

I am going to build my life in such a way that I can leave a great legacy for those mattered to me and possibly beyond that. 

That's my new year resolution for 2011 - the most distilled one I've got all my life.  Let's see what I have to say about it in a year's time. 



No comments: