Saturday 18 December 2010

HP7

Have you heard that Daniel Radcliffe has been unveiled as Britain's richest celebrity under the age of 30?  The 19-year-old Harry Potter star has amassed a wealth of almost £46 million and pocketed an estimated £12.8 million ($25 million) last year, according to Forbes' magazine's Rich Teen List.


Having read that bit of news before entering the cinema, I felt I am definitely contributing towards some of his wealth, as like many of you, I have been to watch every single Harry Potter movie released since 2001.  Even I myself can't imagine - catching HP7 was the first thing that came in mind after a long and weary business trip. 

Not sure about you but I found myself laughing at parts of the movie that I wasn’t sure were intended to be humourous!  Most ostensibly, the romantic development scenes with Harry and Ginny, and more conspicuously, with Ron and Hermione - absolutely forced and awkward.

After the 2.5 hours, I emerged from the cinema not only desperate to go to the loo after too much coffee too fast, I was equally confused and ambivalent about the film.   Despite all that lukewarm response to Part I though, watching Part II, series' finale, remains a must in summer next year.  
 

No comments: