Friday 17 December 2010

There's A Tree

Except, no one is putting it up this year.  


The Christmas Tree at home has always meant family to me.  Every ornament is a memory and our tree must have been some 20 year old.

In our teens, my sister and I would stand next to the tree each year and mother would take a photo of us and then compared it to the previous year and see how much taller we have grown.  Every year, we would buy something new to add to it and
we all have a few pieces from every part of our lives hung there. 

Now that my sister is no longer staying at home with us, the whole idea of putting it up, pulling it down and packing it away seem very much like a chore to the rest of us. 

The tree certainly doesn’t have any religious meaning to us but it serves as a big fat reminder of unity, and that you won't be here cracking open presents with us.   

Each family member plays important roles in the family and my dear sister, we want you to know you are indispensable in our family and I have decided, no tree will be up if you aren't physically here with us this year.    

It's Christmas, let us all cherish the roles we play in our family.  



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh... :( I think you should keep up the tradition regardless if your sis is here or not. Can't really articulate my thoughts now. Too warm (overdressed). Neck too stiff. Talk more when we meet.