Sunday 19 December 2010

The Most Annoying Xmas Song Award Goes To...

Wham!'s 1984 hit single
"Last Christmas".


The song was voted the most annoying Christmas song in a poll in Bulgaria, beating Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas".

Wow.  That poll was mean.


I mean, I enjoy Christmas as much as you do, and in many a ways, I think Christmas songs contribute quite a large chunk in making Christmas joyful.  Having said that though, doesn't mean I love everything about the festive season. 

There are indeed some really annoying songs out there that put me off for sure.  I can easily give you a whole list.  More so, it is often the seasoning in this festive season which makes you search for joy along with your sorrow.

Christmas makes us nostalgic and we think more of those loved ones who are far away and those someone forever dear to us who are no longer with us.  It is also the time when you know that someone is now eternally rejoicing, your home is empty and your heart is still broken. 

We all know Christmas is about the birth of our Saviour, gift giving, Santa Claus, heaps of food, tonnes of drinks.  Let us not forget its true meaning - spending time with our loved ones while we can.  






 

1 comment: