Wednesday 15 December 2010

Who Gets Jet Lag?

Almost everyone, and to some degree.
  • Youngsters often seem immuned.
  • People who normally stick to a very rigid daily routine are often the worst sufferers.

  • People who sleep easily are less disturbed by it.



Basically, Jet Lag is an indication of your body's fitness and has nothing to do with aging.  If you are unfit, rested and healthy, you will probably suffer more jet lag than others.


After traveling across several time zones, you will likely adjust your wrist watch to reflect the local time upon arrival.  While you can easily do this by rotating the hands of your watch, our body will need more time to readjust itself.

What I normally do, is I adjust to local time even before I travel, as that psychologically gives me a bit more airtime to negate the effects and that has worked on me every time.

How about you?  Any tips to share?  




 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adjust my watch as soon as the plane sets off... it also makes the trip more exciting, I can start counting down... what to do, when and where to go etc ;)

I've once watched a documentry saying jet lag is all to do with meal time rather than sleep... it said travellers should adjust their meal time, making sure they eat at the right time according to the destination!