Thursday 16 December 2010

Treadmills

I have disliked them because you literally go nowhere and see nothing, and yeah, you are able to read off how much of your heart rate has been elevated or how many kcal you have burnt running on that revolving belt, but honestly nothing beats heading outdoor if you have a choice.

While doing some brisk walking on one right now, I felt my life has been a bit like a treadmill workout.  Specifically, it feels like the “interval” workout setting where you have those 3 dots of an easy effort followed by 5 dots of a higher intensity effort.

The reason I headed to the gym this morning was because I felt I was going all-out, cranking away, trying to be productive throughout the week.  Only to find myself resembling a lab rat on a treadmill, been extremely busy up on those 5 dots of the high intensity effort, but then, not at all productive.

People...For once, the readings on a treadmill, however, did make me feel good about myself.  I felt relaxed and contented walking at a comfortable pace on the 2 dots of the lower intensity level.

Soon enough though, I am against the 5 dots of a high intensity effort again so, gotta run now!



No comments: