Tuesday 28 December 2010

A Scent of A Woman


First day of work after a long Christmas break, unwillingly hopped on a bus, grabbed a seat, looked around, didn't expect that many people had to head to work just like me, felt slightly better that I wasn't alone.

Then came a woman who chose to sit right next to me (out of all those empty seats on the rest of the upper deck).  Fine.

The thing was, that woman was wearing so much perfume, I had to turn away every now and then to take a few deep breaths.  Goodness gracious, I wasn't exaggerating.


I think perfume is a very personal statement and the scent of the perfume we wear should always be subtle and pleasing.

Catching a whiff of a woman's perfume should turn heads and bring smiles to faces and I am sure it is possible to wear perfume and not induce others around to wear gas masks.


Why didn't I swap seat, I hear you ask.

No, because the bus, to my surprise, was quite full.  I suffered some degree of nausea all morning on my first day of work because of that.

Can I be excused for work now?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Approve