Monday 6 December 2010

Made The Same Mistake Thrice?

Been to Butao Ramen in LKF for the 3rd time now yet still haven't tasted their all-so-famous ramen that the critics has been raving about. 

Long queue deterred me on my first visit, then I went home and thought - there must be something worth relishing to justify all that queuing.  So there I went for the second time on a Sunday, only to find it is not opened on Sundays. 

Fair enough.  


With a mind made of steel and a heart of stone, I was so determined to go early this evening to check the place out. 

As I approached, there was no queue in sight.  Lucky day I thought and guess what?  They were closed for a special event!!  


This is pure madness!

Tell me, am I to head to that direction again for the 4th time?  


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May be your persistence will pay off some day.

The friend who recommended this place to me also recommended another one at Tai Hang:
http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=47298

He mentioned that it's really thick broth and I might like it. I went today, had high hopes, since this guy's recommendation has suited my tastes so far, and there were magazine's cuttings all over, calling it a Ramen place for celebrities like Eason Chan and Alan Tam.

Very disappointing. The broth is think, but not fragrant. Charsiew is so-so, not flavorful and a tad too dry. Egg was done perfectly though. Noodle is a little too thin for my liking. No 'bite-feel' or should I say 'mouth-feel'?