Tuesday 5 April 2011

You Just Have to Love Hong Kong

I am living in a city of enormous energy and activity - Hong Kong - my home town - or otherwise better known as "Shoppers' Paradise" or "Heaven for Foodies".

The claim to be Foodies' Heaven is debatable as you can easily relate that to Paris, Tokyo when they share a higher concentration of Michelin starred restaurants.  Fair enough argument but I always think there's more to Michellin star ratings when it comes to food. 

With that, I so have to give credit to this little city of Hong Kong, simply for its alarming array of food items - ranging from the stubbornly traditional to the most bizarre fusion.  It is possible to find food from almost every corner of the world, in any form factor on a wide spectrum of price range, each more drool-worthy than the next.

The same applies to the shopping.  Shopping from glitzy vibrant malls to bustling street markets in Hong Kong is an absolute delightful thing to do.  It can be exhausting but nowhere else in the world can cater to every whim and fancy for the minds of the most ardent shopaholics.

I hesitate to call Hong Kong a cultural melting-pot, but I will grant that it is the one place I need never be far from fabulous food nor shopping.  I kid you not, I realised I have been fed exceedingly well that my palate has been so spoiled, it almost kills the joy of travelling abroad! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best thing is there are so many choices for all walks of life!! I would kill for the 街邊雞蛋仔 and then next day go for 5 stars Japanese!!

Same with shopping, you could get all label brands, chain stores or cheap cheap 花園街貨色!! ;)