Monday 4 April 2011

Photos Just Don't Do Justice


I realised how much I have gotten accustomed to seeing the world around me via the viewfinder of my camera.  Have you ever taken like a hundred photos of the same beach, bridge, or brick even?  I have.

I've always believed a picture is worth a thousand words but I gained a differing perspective in a recent trip.



I discovered if only I had pried my face away from the viewfinder and used all my senses to reflect on the beauty around me, I can actually remember better the sounds, smells and mood of the setting.

Nothing terribly new, but this is what technology can do to you sometimes and I am telling myself next time I have the urge to start snapping away, I should be reminded to take a minute to focus on the captivating subject matter instead.  


Not to denounce my interest in photography but I think it would be really nice to pause and transcend the desire to capture life in a frame once in a while, don't you think?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could not agree more! I get so tired of friends who are now parents and took like a 1000 photos of their cute babies per week!!

It's very true when one is busy trying to get the best angle to take pictures, they always forget other senses like smell or sound, or even neglect their companions or the atmosphere! ;)