Thursday 7 April 2011

I am Missing Fresh Sashimi

Not until the recent tsunami and nuclear disaster hit Japan, did I realised how often I chose Japanese food over other cuisines when I dine out.

I was browsing online to see where to bring a friend of mine for her birthday treat and that was when I discovered one of the highly sought-after Japanese sushi restaurants in town has closed down one of their two floors.  

You can't help but presumptuously assume there is a direct link between the two events and there is no denying that we are all very wary of Japanese produce at the moment.  

Nonetheless I was all going for teppanyaki last week and only to find the restaurant has been real quick in reassuring their customers, stating on the front page of their menu that they have stopped importing from Japan altogether.

Off-putting as it may seems, but when you are being bombarded daily by the local scare-mongering media, there's a reason to play safe.  

I only know that I am craving sashimi like never before and if my friends don't mind, I would like to pick a Japanese restaurant to savour some delicious sashimi before I forget how decadent that experience can be.





No comments: