Tuesday 19 April 2011

20/20 Vision Restored Without Surgery??


I got short-sightedness and started looking like a geek wearing a pair of specs since the age of 12.  Then contact lens came into my life and since then, became my true saviour.  Until one day, my optician told me I ran out of tears, so I am back with my specs looking like a geek again. 

Call me a wimp but when dozens of my friends around me are so convinced with their laser surgery, I can't bear the idea of having my eyes zapped by a ray gun.  So till this day, I am still alternating with daily contact lenses and specs and thereby accepted the fact that this will remain my best myopic solution.


I heard something revolutionary today and I wondered if it is too good to be true.

It is a treatment promising the restoration of 20/20 vision without glasses or surgery!


It's called Ortho-K, or Orthokeratology, and it involves wearing special contact lenses while we sleep to correct the curvature of the eye and after a while, we would gain perfect vision again.

Aren't we told we are not to wear contacts when we go to sleep?  Hard to comprehend this but a friend's friend has testified, a 6-month of treatment, requiring contact lenses be worn every night, has reduced her myopia from 6.0 to 1.0!

I am intrigued.

Anyone else tried it and care to share his/her experience?



No comments: