Friday 15 April 2011

Have You Been A Scale Addict?



Overall, I can't say I am a big fan of scales.  They certainly have a place in the world of health and fitness and for that, I went and bought a body-fat scale a year ago. 

Looking back, I started off a little crazy and I weighed myself 2 times a day - morning and night and that was when I discovered there could be a difference of 2kg within the span of a day, after I have eaten a cow in dinner!

I have also tried stepping on and off like 3 times within 10 seconds in the hope that a lower figure might magically appear between my feet. Then I would do it again 30 seconds later, only this time, stepping lightly onto the scale, wishfully thinking the figure might be lower.

Good grief.  



If the above sounds familiar to you, you are not alone.  Yes.  I have been there done that and I am telling you, it ain't working.  

Surely your weight can be a useful piece of data but far too often they can also become a source of anxiety and frustration.   Please remember, weight isn't everything.  Body composition is much more important than body weight.

If you are looking good, feeling good and are in good health in general, please forget about seeking a little stupid number and let whatever that is scare you no more.  






No comments: