Saturday 25 September 2010

Letters To Juliet

Did you know, that if you send a letter to Juliet Capulet of Verona (the first lady of love), someone will write back?

I just watched this movie about the existence of true love, about celebrating Shakespeare's Greatest Heroine in the magical city of Verona in Italy.  Highly recommended by 2 of my friends, I went in expecting a super cheesy, annoyingly romantic plot, but it turned out to be AMAZINGLY beautiful!

Allow me to quote a part of the Letter written by Sophie to Claire:


"'What' and ‘if’ two words as nonthreatening as words come. 
But put them together side-by-side and 
they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: 
‘What if?'..."


I was daunted not by the existence of true love in this world, but as a writer, I was being reminded of the fact that we are never to undermine the power of words!

You HAVE to watch this if you haven't already.







No comments: