Wednesday 1 September 2010

Stop Hiding, I Can See You!

I am sure you have friends in Facebook who notoriously tag you in every one of their photos.  I am perfectly fine with that so don't you worry if you have done it, because I know I can easily choose to untag any of those embarrassingly terrible moments that you guys find so terribly amusing!


Very soon, with Facebook Places, you will be able to do much more than tag and be tagged.  This service, is already pre-installed in my iPhone 4 and has been rolled out last week in U.S., allows users to see where their friends are and share their location with the world.  

Basically that translates to the fact that you will be able to see if any of your friends are currently checked in nearby and hence choose to connect with them, or I supposed, run away, should you find your so-called Facebook Friends whom you don't want to see, are nearby!

Like most privacy settings in Facebook, you do have control of what you share and the people you share it with. So when you choose to check in a place, you can tag friends who you are with but only if their settings allow it.  And when you are being tagged, it will appear in your friends' news feeds and you will be notified immediately too.

Pointless, creepy or genius? You decide.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Creepy. Hate it.

Anonymous said...

Creepy. Hate it.