Monday 19 July 2010

In Faith Go Forward

I remembered time stood still when I received a piece of really devastating news on June 12 last year.  It was Neuroblastoma that was found on him - cancer in the adrenal glands and, stage IV.  

Oh lord I asked, could it be more dramatic in a day for anyone to take that all in?  How were they ever going to cope?

I am no mother and I couldn't say I understand what could have went through the parents' mind and if i did, they probably won't believe it. I didn't know what to say to Betty when I saw her online, all the words just seem to come out wrong and the best I could think of was tell her to be strong and have faith.

She replied after a long pause and said she would be strong and be a role model for Hayden. And then I went - cry if you need to.

Gosh, thinking back, can it be said any better?

400 days down the road, this kid - as the ultimate fighter I came to know, has fought the battles and won the war.  He did it.  They did it.  

After thorough checks and repeated tests, the doctor confirmed today that this kid is officially in remission (freed from the bad guy named Cancer).



In Faith Go Forward:  Let the vision of the great and marvellous future that lies ahead, steer us to believe and act what seems the impossible.  

Miracle does happen.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Done to the little fighter and all the grown up fighters around him ;)

Adrian said...

I'm so glad to hear your little friend is NED (No Evidence of Disease).... You've just made my day! :)