Friday 16 July 2010

Water With A Twist

Vitamin Water had me believed on an image of a healthy and rejuvenating elixir. The bottles are colourful, the text on them is certainly snappy (this bottle here - suggests that we date our neighbour as one of their innovative energy-saving tips)!

There is no question that there exists some genius marketing at hand for a water with a twist!  I am buying all that, but how does the taste actually weigh up?

That's when it fails totally.

It tastes like you've just poured yourself a plain glass of water in the same glass you were using for...juice.  That's exactly it.  Diluted juice x 10 times!  Worst of all, with a hint of cough syrup left on the palate.  Imagine that.  Most revolting.

The packaging kind of looks like a bottle of cough syrup as well when you look again.  I assume they are really trying to play up the 'medicinal' aspect of this drink!

Am I missing something here?  I don't really understand why it is selling so well in the States.  I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase this ever again under any circumstances.

If I want some flavouring plus doses of water-soluble vitamin added to my water, squeezing a lemon or lime should do the trick!



No comments: