Thursday 15 July 2010

Half Way Through Project 340!

There is something about telling others your objectives and what you are going to achieve.  That can help us follow through and get on with it. 

I give you a personal example.

For the longest time, I have been trying to become a blogger and whenever I leveraged my own will power to write every now and then, that felt rather impossible.

What I did was I made the decision to tell others I was going to start this Project 340 - to write something daily (see, I am doing this again, telling people whenever I got a chance)!  

 
170 days into the project, I have basically been able to stick to the plan, because I felt a moral obligation to follow through with my own words!

Did people care? Probably not.  
Would I get punished if I don't write?  Absolutely no.  

But the sheer fact that there just might be someone out there witnessing if I was telling the truth, was quite enough to give me the motivation to keep my promise - to complete the second half of my project.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

apart from "moral obligation"... I hope you've enjoyed your project too!! we certainly do!!! like like like ;)

Aud said...

A sustainable and interesting blog is one written by an author who truly takes joy in the blogging process. I am one.