Saturday 10 July 2010

Rhubarb It Is

With a name  "Yorkshire Pudding", it is pretty obvious the kind of cuisine served.  Just to make sure there can be no doubt whatsoever, the whole exterior is decorated to look like a huge British phone box fusioned with the London Underground branding. I could hardly miss it as I rumbled up the escalator to Staunton Street.

British cuisine often gets a bad rap, but I just seem to love them all.  From the simplest sausages with gravy and mushy peas, to its classic Roast with Yorkshire Pudding to my favourite Fish n' Chips.   

Normally my usual pick to round everything off would be an Apple Crumble with double cream.  But hey, did I see a Rhubarb Pie? 

I can't remember the last time I had it.  Must be in boarding school I think.  

It was Rhubarb and ice cream that won my heart and stomach, but as I write, I have those added calories in my tummy and...at the back my head too. 

No comments: