Thursday 1 July 2010

Can I Bother You?

Ever faced with someone who seems to bother you? 

OK when we just have to face them every now and then, but headache when these people emerge in facets of our lives where we have to deal with them on an ongoing basis.

You can't really ask them to get out your grill when they are your business associates or fellow colleagues.  

And certainly not a wise move to ask friends, or even your closest family members to get out of your face.

So what have I got to suggest here? 


Pull out a notebook, start listing everything that this person is bothering you. Including the things you wish didn't bother you. 

I did.

And it felt very whiny and I was actually relived that most of it was seemingly reversible. And apparently within my control.  

I realised someone doing something that has nothing to do with me isn't going to ruin my day.  Like someone wearing provocative clothing or having a billion photos on Facebook. 

The thing is....why should I let it bother me when there are worse things in life to be bothered? 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually in a situation of having to associate with some annoying people.....and I even get myself to look at their good sides....and I did, and kept telling myself even they are annoying, they are still good people.

However, these annoying people still bothers me in a way or another!

Anonymous said...

hey! last time I check, I think it's working... ;)