Saturday 3 April 2010

Rejuvenated & ready for a resurrection

"Let go of your work; let go of your worries; let go of your burdens. Take your time and drink a cup of tea."

If I have to name a memorable experience during my trip to Mount WuYi in mainland China, I have to say it ought to be the grand outdoor gala performance Impression, Da Hong Pao, where I attended under torrential rain!


The larger-than-life show is the fifth installment of the Impression series directed by Zhang Yimou - the man behind the opening and closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics.  

If you have watched and liked the amazing opening and closing ceremony on TV, I can assure you will be thrilled to see the same director telling the legends of the Chinese tea culture in this 70-minute show, staged by the green mountains and blue serene rivers, employed hundreds of actors, and where the most ingenious technologies in lightings were deployed.

The heavy rain that night created an added dimension which was really fascinating and it definitely formed a visual feast experience I have never had before.

Now that I have spent a few days at Mount WuYi and back here rejuvenated, I think I am ready for the big resurrection at work!  





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha... rejuvenated? Who are you trying to fool?