Sunday 11 April 2010

The Habit of Dipping Fingers in Ink

Yesterday, I was on about an idea of using an iPad for perusing newspapers, but as soon as I woke up today, I knew my habit of picking up the Sunday Post won't go away.

Simply because, I do not want to abandon a dedicated time slot for reading newspapers.

Sunday's the only day when I can sit poised and do nothing but read the papers.  When I said nothing, I meant nothing during the period of time when my fingers are dipped in newspapers ink!  

You see, I do not want to touch anything else with my ink-stained fingers and I honestly won't.

I won't be allowing myself to crack my toasts, type on keyboards nor play with the remote controls.  

Working with that rule, I know for sure I won't get carried away and that I can totally devote the time to reading my papers. I can then finish the full stack of papers in one go, off I went to wash my hands and for the rest of the day, I won't touch the papers again.

A ritual I thoroughly enjoy, which can't be replaced by iPad just yet!






No comments: