Friday 16 April 2010

Think Twice When You Call Someone An Idiot


Some people are very intelligent (competent, efficient) when it comes to completing certain tasks but surprisingly inept (dare I say, stupid?) when it comes to others.  Let's take me as an example. 

Some might suggest that I am reasonably intelligent when it comes to writing, communicating but if those same bunch of people saw the quizzical (confused, lost, stupid) look on my face in any movie with a plot more complexed than The Departed, they would probably conclude with reasoning that I am a moron!  

Ok, let's face it, it is only fair to assume that I won’t be recruited by the FBI or NASA any time in this life.

Yep, smartie comes in all shapes and sizes. 

Sometimes you won’t realise how smart somebody is until you are stuck on an island with them and they build you a house, catch you some fish and save your life.  And this could also be the same person who struggles to spell or calculate simple equations.


So, be forgiving.  May be you ought to think twice the next time you wish to call someone an idiot.

No comments: