Thursday 8 April 2010

A Mecca for Locals

The obvious touristy places in Hong Kong are definitely unique such as the Star Ferry, Peak Tram, Stanley Market and not to mention all those gourmet food that tempts you to the full.  

If you ask me what about the non-shady stuff which rarely makes it to tourist guides - Here's one I love.  


This leisurely promenade spans from Repulse Bay to Deep Water Bay, and to me, not only has it got an enchanted view of the bay area, it carries a lot of fond childhood memories where I used to spend many Sunday afternoons with my family.  



I went for a stroll yesterday and it was a refreshed reminiscing journey on a broadened and much nicer walkway than what I recalled.  

I seem to remember it took much longer than 20 minutes to complete the trail.  I must really have grown taller since my last visit...some two decades ago (no kidding)!



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woah... very beautiful pictures.... I took the views for granted...guess I should walk more along the boardwalk.