Thursday 15 April 2010

Pen & Padfolio




I personally think there is something incredibly romantic about pens. There is something different that happens when you put pen to paper. It is something that feels more important than an email.   

Flattered to receive this engraved pen and imprinted Padfolio as a gift from my auntie - just in time for my new job!

I always find it interesting that our previous generation loves giving pens as gifts. 

Does it make their generation that bit more romantic than ours?

Possibly. 

In that sense, may be I belong to the previous generation.  






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I soooo agree with you on this. Once upon a time, pen was such a perfect gift. When I was a kid, my dad gave a Cross pen to my elder sis when she did well in school. I wanted it too but I was in Pri 1 I think where I was supposed to write with pencil. Only in Pri 3 then we would write with pen. When i finally got my Cross pen, it was such a sweet feeling. It's like I had grown up or had 'arrived'.

And when I was in Uni, I saved up my pocket money so that I can buy a Mont Blanc for my boyfriend when he started his first job, fresh out of school.

Too bad, neither the cross pen nor Mont Blanc is still around today.