Monday 9 May 2011

Photo Missing From My Visit To Ozone


Standing next to windows measured from floor to ceiling perched on the 118th floor, you do feel like humming along with the Carpenters,  

"I'm on the top of world looking down on creation"...and...

"You're the nearest thing to heaven that I've seen"!

The name Ozone says it all.  

Ozone is indeed the highest watering hole ever existed on earth, also located at the world's highest hotel in Hong Kong, definitely a chic and trendy place to see and be seen, quite enough to get the acrophobic me to visit the city's most-talk about bar. 

So up I went with my breath caught in my chest till I saw a sweeping view of the Victoria Harbour.  Its obscenely high altitude gives quite an interesting perspective of Hong Kong - with all building structures looking very miniaturized.  

Did I say I was acrophobic?  Yes I did and I was able to suck in all that jaw-dropping view quite fearlessly to my surprise.  

The only way to explain this is that where I was standing was way too high, higher than what my senses could comprehend. 

On hindsight, my friend commented that I was perhaps too busy overcoming that fear of height, which was the reason why I totally forgot to take any pictures that evening when we were there!

Can't rule out the fact that I am still acrophobic then, can I?

Let my return visit to Ozone in Ritz Carlton be my second trial.  And I promise I shall bring back some of that breathtaking view in photos too. 



No comments: