Friday 13 May 2011

70 And Beyond


I was having breakfast and I observed a busy bee flying around.  



Ah...there she is.

I am talking about an elderly in her 70s at least, hardworking as ever.  Her fast legs dashed here and there with the highest possible efficiency.  Her physical strength, I believe, overtakes many.   Shameful to see none of the younger workers there had half the energy she had in the break of day. 

Sipping my morning coffee, I kept pondering why she had to work so hard.  Perhaps she thinks working keeps her healthy and occupied?  May be it helps her not to become a burden to her children, hopefully affords financial independence?

Whatever her reasons, I am sure she is being treated with more respect and deference - a real asset to the fast food joint I'd say.  


No comments: