Tuesday 3 May 2011

Making A List, Checking It Twice

Easter's behind us, Christmas is still ages away.  I was quite serious though when I said I was making a list and checking it twice.

I made a list to see if I am capable of raising not one but two cats at home.  Checking it twice to make sure I am...not.

My friend has just given birth to a baby girl and cat furs at home is starting to get into the nerves of her mother-in-law, and my friend has reasons to believe that one day she could be threatened to have her cats murdered, which inevitably have become her no. 2 and no.3 after the baby was born anyway.

The poor cats are looking for a foster parent and here I was - emerged, load full of love to spare, keen to adopt them. 




However, like all things, I tend to play safe and I wanted to make sure I can handle the adoption in every possible way before I commit.  

Well done. 

Based on statistics tracing the last 3 months of data, I dined out 6 days in a week and spent no more than 70 hours a week at home in which a large chunk of that contributed to sleep.  
This was when I realised I am not a very home-bound person.

I figured if I take on the two cats at home, they will either be starved to death, or they get so paranoid that they might decide to tare down my house or eventually get to a point where they got so bored that they just might commit suicide by jumping down from the 28th floor. 

Sense and sensibility are telling me - Sorry mate, how ever much I love to take them, it's just not going to work.  



Probably a good idea to look into normalising my own life first and foremost, before I offer to help others with theirs.


No comments: