Tuesday 17 May 2011

Be A Teacher

There is an ancient saying that when the soul is ready the teacher appears.

I have had several wonderful teachers in my life and they all sort of appeared at a time when I truly needed to be taught.  I am thinking back right now what sort of person I would become without them.   For that I am truly thankful. 
Felt like drawing a big picture here and applying all the mumbo jumbo I have learned from these great teachers, things like:
  • Honouring our responsibilities as parents, employees and business owners
  • Living with integrity at home and at work
  • Lending a wing and help those who are suffering in this tough economy
  • Respecting our environment, give to charity and volunteer in our communities

Can you think of anything else to add to that? I am sure there's loads more but that would do for now as a framework for my big picture.  

You see, to boil things down in essence, if we can do everything in the list, we would be termed a teacher too, wouldn't we? 

And yes.  This is exactly how it works.   We should all go aim to be a good teacher in our lifetime - one that inspires in making our world a better place. 

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Dear Audrey, if you could share your unconditional love every day (no matter where or what position you are in, at home as a daughter or elder sister, at work as a manager or a subordinate) to ones you meet, they will become your students as their lives will resonates with yours.

You will then be walking on the same direction as myself.