Saturday 22 May 2010

Jamie's Italian

I am checking one thing off my to-do-list in London.  Been there done that with Jamie's Italian today.

The experience has largely lived up to the lovely-jubbly expectation and the prices of the food were incredibly competitive, with antipasti costing from £2.50 to £6.50, and mains from £9 to £16. 

Jamie's idiolect is all over the lengthy menu; from the "top Italian breads" and "lush basil pesto" to the "good old grilled steak" and "loadsa herbs", about which Jamie is so famously doolally.

I kept looking around to see what other tables have ordered and what caught my eyes at one point, was this piece of toy they provided to kids.   

I nearly asked for one myself!

What I did asked daringly, was how often Jamie appear in his restaurants.

"Really busy, really not much."

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soooo envious.