Sunday 23 May 2010

Fans Go Bladeless?

One of the annoying problems with my PC at home is the noise generated by the internal fans and I always thought a miniature blade-less fan might be a step towards silent computing in future.

Apparently, great minds do think alike.  

James Dyson must have the same idea when he came up with this blade-less table fan that is not only silent but safer too - no more nasty blades to get fingers caught up in!

This latest invention from Dyson looks super cool in the store, but when it comes to the matter of price: £220 - I'd say it is quite a steep entry fee for the very gentle breezes that emanate out of this plastic wind tunnel.

Got kids and fearful of fan-related injuries?
The name Dyson can't do no wrong. 

For £220 though, I'd want the thing to fetch me a cool drink too!

Here's a video from their engineering team.



No comments: