Tuesday 16 March 2010

I'm Likin' It


Today I have truly liked a friend's status, some photos well-taken and a very touchy comment. 

I personally think Facebook’s "like" function for the news feed items, is the equivalent of an online clap. It allows you to get a clear message across - crisp and precise with one easy click.

We are often very stingy in making praises in real life.  Next time you go online and when your friends share something great, do let them know you like it.  Your friends, and their photos, notes, status updates are what make Facebook such a great social networking tool. 

Second thoughts, don't go “liking” every feed you see because, I think that can really piss some people off by sending them loads of notifications.  You wouldn't want to jeopardise the whole purpose of that button, do you?  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

may I say... I "like" your post today and I "like" your project 340!! Keep going! ;)

Anonymous said...

ya, i agree with you. And I think the 'Like' function is for others to use and not oneself. Sometimes I see people 'Like'-ing their own status update or photo, and I find it really weird.