Monday 8 March 2010

Freakonomics

I hold an Economics degree but it would be total fakery if I said I know exactly know supply and demand works.  

In fact, all that Econometrics has not made the slightest sense to me nor can I work out theories behind market economies.  I can't even do maths remember?  Let alone the monetary effect on interest rates and exchange rates. 


This new book I have in front of me provides premium delights as the authors argue that economics is, at root, the study of incentives and not merely supply and demand!  I can't agree more!

I am reading this with great anticipation and I can't wait to explore a new way of looking things - one that may literally redefine the way we view the modern world altogether. 

Who knows, some day I could publish my thoughts like no other, in a book as well!


1 comment:

BY said...

Interesting... do share excerpts from the book in this column in time to come. This way, I don't have to read and can gain the knowledge too .. hee hee.