Tuesday 23 August 2011

How Accurate Is Your Speedometer?


Speedometer -  a gauge that measures and displays the instantaneous speed - a standard piece of equipment you find in motor vehicles. 

These meters reflect the actual speed you are cruising at, you then let your mind decide whether you wish to slow down or pick up speed based on your judgements.  Many of us physically rely on those but as it happens, our very own speedometer buried in our head is often the one dominating the calibration of our every move. 

There are times when a virtual speedometer will just pop right up in front of me when I am in crossroads.  There will inevitably be moments when I would unintentionally put one leg pumping on gas, only to find out I have the other asserting pressure on the brakes at the same time. 

That just sounds so discoordinated does it not?  I am actually the one stopping myself from propelling and...I do not like the idiotic sound of it.

I realised may be it's about time to stop being stuck in second gear and utilise a higher gear - safely, comfortably and in control.  Must try ignoring the speedometer in me and run till the middle of my frustrated fears. 
 




Afterall, what really matters should be how fast we can go, not how fast the speedometer can take us, right?
 
 

No comments: