Monday 22 August 2011

A Home Doesn’t Need To Be Huge

I am sure we have all bought something from IKEA for its dirt cheap, practical and...ready to go appeal. 

You know how when you were a kid and you just wanted to get your hands on the tasks that adults do?  My mom let me had a go at cracking the instructions of building a bookshelf from IKEA at the age of 12 and till this day, I can still feel the satisfaction I got out of assembling it successfully.  And as I grew older, I just heart IKEA for all of their inspirations on tiny space living with their solutions of organizational items. 

If you love them too, you probably have to thank the founder of IKEA - who came up with the idea of flat-packed furniture when he was trying to fit a table into the boot of his car when a friend suggested he should just take the legs off.   There you go - the rest is history.



IKEA and I have no affiliation though - that I must declare. 

I have been drooling over the items in their 2012 catalogue, which reminded me - a home doesn’t need to be huge. Just smart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

couldn't agree more... and sadly... I took a step further... I actually love browsing their catalogue! ;)