Tuesday 2 August 2011

Ceiling Fan (Clockwise or?)

Have you ever wondered which way your ceiling fan should rotate in Winter and in Summer?   



You are not alone in this dilemma, for just as I was admiring these beautiful ceiling fans while waiting for my meal to arrive, I realised I keep forgetting this too, so I am blogging it to remind myself here.  


In summer, when it is hot, the ceiling fan should be rotating in a clockwise direction - Drawing or pushing air downward into the room to create a windchill effect.




In winter, the fan should rotate in an anti-clockwise direction - Warm air rises and gets trapped near the ceiling so when the ceiling fan direction is in reverse mode, it circulates the warm air from the ceiling to the floor where you need it most.  


Tada!

No comments: