Thursday 4 August 2011

I Hear Procrastination Calling


I am staring blankly at my unfinished to-do list and the most painstaking thing is - the list has not been shortened at the end of a long day. 

I can hear voices calling from behind my head justifying why I am skipping my workouts, delaying my long overdue dental visit, excuses for not paying my folks a visit or not blogging even. 

And I wonder who has been making all that noise behind the scene.

Fear of failure?  Fear of success?  Not enough preparation or too much preparation?   Perfectionism?

No.  It's no one but the demon of procrastination calling. 

I need to do what I need to do - I need a noise-cancelling headphone to screen off all unnecessary frequency of distractions.

The clock is ticking.  You hear that?   


No comments: