Saturday 13 August 2011

Thats The Spirit (2): Whisky


I knew this bar has to be visited because nowhere in the world will you find another quite like it.

The Macallan Whisky Bar and Lounge - the first and only one of its kind in the world and once I was there totally sunk on the Chesterfield sofa with a glass of 18-year-old Sherry Oak in my hand, I didn't want to leave.





The full list of tastings for the night consisted of the: Fine Oak 12, 18, 25 and Sherry Oak 12, 18 years respectively.

18 year Sherry Oak stood out in the group with a large bouquet of spices present, with notes of vanilla as the most dominant.
How can something so beautiful be so accessible?  I can only considered myself the most fortunate.


Time was sadly too short for Macallan to take me through time.  A revisit with a good companion is indisputable.


No comments: