Tuesday 23 November 2010

An Intriguing Conversation


Today...in the midst of a busy afternoon and while I was juggling several things at once, my mobile phone rang.  I took a glance and it was from an anonymous caller. Ignored once, ignored twice....I eventually decided to pick up on the third time. 



"Speaking"

"Can I talk to you about that proposal?"

"Sure, anything wrong with it?"

"No, but we were in the middle of discussing that earlier."

"Oh ya. I did ask you to call back later."

"Anyway, is it a good time to continue now?"

"Yup. Fire away."

"You were saying you wish to retire in 20 years' time, right?"

"Wait a minute...I did say that, but I didn't say that to you, I think.  Wait...are you who I think you are?"

"I was the one who called you about an insurance proposal this morning."

"Oh...sorry, I think you've got the wrong number and you are not someone I meant to talk to."

"I am terribly sorry, but can I take this opportunity to introduce you to our various plans so you can retire in 20 years' time as wished?"

"I am rather busy at the moment, and I am going to hang up now."

"When will you not be busy? "

"I don't really know."

"When will you be free then?"

"Can I give you my boss's number, he might have a better idea than me."




No comments: